Your Privacy Rights
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
- the types of information we collect
- how we use and protect that information
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
- details regarding our use of third-party cookies and other tracking technologies
Shady Pines Campgrounds
11316 Petty Street
Ailsa Craig, Ontario Canada
Types of information we collect and how we collect it
Information You Provide
Some of the services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other personal information about you and/or your family members. We collect and store any information you enter on required documents submitted by you at our location, submitted on our website, social media sites or by email. This includes:
- General Liability Waiver Including COVID-19 (2020) completed and signed for each person registered to your site, including minor children.
- Seasonal Contract, including a listing of registrations to the site, including any minor children.
- Payment information and associated contact information when engaging in a transaction.
- Email address information when subscribing to our email newsletters.
- Any information or data you provide by interacting in our online forums, or by commenting on content posted on public areas of our online sites. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our public areas.
- Information you may submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- If you contact us or come to the park, we may keep a record of your ID, correspondence and any contact information provided.
- Medical or health information that you provide to us when requesting special accommodations or filing incident reports in the course of using our facilities, events or activities.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our website and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Information about how you interact with our email newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
Much of the information that we collect automatically is collected through cookies and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website sends to your browser while you are viewing the website. These pieces of information allow the websites to remember important information that will make your use of those sites more useful. Such data collection may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and will only be shared to any third party as required for lawful purposes.
When accessing our website on a mobile device or using any of our mobile applications, we will have access to your location if you have enabled location services on your device. We will also have access to your mobile device ID, which is unique to your device and does not by itself contain any personally identifiable information.
How We Use the Personal Information that We Collect
When you supply us with personal information, the information you provide is added to our customer file. We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To contact you regarding campground business, announcements, notices, or services.
- To contact you when you sign up for our email newsletters
- To contact you in response to an inquiry, complaint, or incident report.
- To provide you with our services, including to complete transactions, take steps to enter into a contract for sale, process payments, fulfill orders, and send service communications.
- Create custom audiences on social media sites and search engine platforms and to understand and respond to your comments and reviews of our services on social media sites and search engine platforms.
- To provide you with the best service, improve and grow our business, and understand the effectiveness of our strategies in regards to operations, performance, marketing and to make improvements.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
How We Share Your Information
We engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf such as: customer information management, billing and collection, order fulfillment, auditing and accounting, analytics services; security services; and IT support. These companies are restricted from using your information in any manner other than in helping us to deliver or provide you with our services.
Social Media Platforms
Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through cookies or other tracking mechanisms that they place on your device. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and the controls they make available to you.
Organizations That Help Protect the Security and Safety of our Users and our Sites
We will only disclose personal information as required by law, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena; to enforce our Terms of Service, or assert or defend other legal claims; to a consumer protection officer, health department or bylaw authority with jurisdiction over us, or to protect the safety, integrity, and security of our Services, staff and campers.
We are not responsible for what third parties do with any information that you make available in public areas of our online sites. As such, we advise that you exercise great care in determining what information you choose to make publicly available through our services.
Sharing of Medical or Health Information
To the extent that we receive health information about you, that information is subject to disclosure as permitted by applicable law. Should unforeseen circumstances warrant, disclosure may also be made to ambulatory personnel to provide emergency medical care, including diagnosis, observation, consultation, treatment, intervention.
When you register with us or give us your contact information, you are giving consent to us to contact you. Should you wish to unsubscribe from email communications from us. At any time you can request by unsubscribing from the communication or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Type of Security We Provide
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information to the best of our ability, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Our site is operated and hosted in Canada, and as such would be of interest to travelers to Canada. Information that you provide to us and the data that we collect as a result of your visiting and using our site will be collected, processed in and transferred to Canada and is subject to Canadian laws. The privacy and data protection laws in Canada may not be equivalent to or adequate under the laws in your country of residence or from which you access this site. By visiting this site or by providing us with your personal information you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information in Canada.
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your Personal Information:
- When you no longer are a camper at Shady Pines Campgrounds, and/or do not plan to return at a later date.
- By calling us at 1 (519) 232-4210
- By emailing us at email@example.com
In order to process your request to know/access or delete Personal Information we collect, we must verify your request. We do this by:
- Asking you to
- provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously; or
- confirm your request using the email or telephone number stated in the request.
Authorization to sign on behalf of the individual is the legal permission for an individual to sign official documents for a separate legal entity. We require that you and the individual complete notarized affidavits in order to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Parents of minor children may submit a birth of the child certificate in lieu of an affidavit, in order to make requests on the child’s behalf.
You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your rights.