Shady Pines will open May 7th, 2021
The health and safety of our seasonal campers, employees and the local community are of utmost importance to Shady Pines. We are under a Provincial Emergency Stay at Home Order and are following the guidance of the Provincial Government, MLHU health authorities and Municipal Bylaw Officers for reopening.
Seasonal campers who have a full season contract are permitted to enter the campground and remain at their trailers during the Stay-at-Home Order with the following restrictions:
- If you have no other residence in Ontario.
- If you come to your trailer and stay for less than 24 hours, you must return home.
- If you do come to your trailer and stay longer than 24 hours, you must remain on the campground for 14 consecutive days before leaving for non-essential reasons. If you need to leave for any non-essential reason, you cannot return to the campground for 14 days.
- You are permitted to leave the campground for essential purposes only such as grocery, medical appointments, pharmacy, exercise, caregiving, school, and work that can not be done remotely.
- Gatherings: You are not permitted to gather indoors or outdoors with anyone you do not live with. A person who lives alone may join with one other household.
- Caregivers may continue to provide care for another person, such as children, an ill spouse/partner, or an aging relative.
- Physical distance must be maintained of not less than 2m from everyone else.
- Golf carts: all persons riding on a golf cart must reside at the same residence.
This will remain in effect until the Provincial Stay at Home Order is lifted or legislation is amended. Once the order is lifted, we will return to the colour-coded system and an updated Code of Conduct will be issued.
2021 Code of Conduct – how things will work when the campground opens under Stay-at-Home Order.
To be considered under a
Hours: May 7 Fri 9am-7 p.m. / May 8 Sat 9 am- 7 pm / May 9 Sun 10-5
Reg hours: Mon-Thurs 10-3, Friday 10-7, Saturday 10-7, Sunday 10-5.
Policies for Seasonal Campers to read and keep on file:
We understand this may impact people’s plans and increase frustrations, but we are committed to following the directives of the MLHU for the health and well being of our campers and staff. Please, be patient. We are in this together. With everyone’s cooperation, we will get through this safely and the campground can remain open.