Posted April 3, 2021.
As of today, Grey-Lockdown is in effect for all of Ontario for the next 28 days. From this point forward until such time as all restrictions are lifted, we are guided by criteria set out by the Middlesex-London Health department and the Provincial Government. As such, it is very important that you read through this following Code of Conduct (and share with all family members) which is designed to keep everyone safe, adhere to the current restrictions, and allow our campground to open and continue to operate.
The COVID situation remains fluid and regulations and restrictions are subject to changes as they occur. We will keep our campers informed as we learn more – on this website and posted on Facebook and Twitter.
We are proceeding with plans to reopen on May 1st, 2021, but this date will be determined by the regulations at the time. If you wish to come to the campground to check on your trailer in April, make an appointment with GM Ernie Schlegel at 519-496-0096.
When we are permitted to reopen, we will be operating under the following:
BEFORE BEING ALLOWED ENTRY TO THE CAMPGROUND:
- ONLY THOSE SEASONAL CAMPERS under contract will be allowed to come to the campground. Winter storage fee and 2021 deposit must be paid in order to be considered under contract for 2021. 2021 Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALL SEASONAL CAMPERS, every single person listed on your contract, including minor children, must complete and sign a 2021 General Liability Waiver Including COVID-19 before being allowed to enter the park. Parents may sign the waiver/s on behalf of their child/children under 18 years of age.
- Seasonal Contracts /Licence of Occupation and Privacy Waivers (page 2 of contract) are required to completed and signed.
- Only those listed on your contract will be permitted entry. Overnight stays for those not of your household are not permitted at this time.
- Gate cards will be activated once all the waivers and contracts have been submitted, and payment has been made.
- E-transfers: For your convenience, seasonal fees can be paid by e-transfer to email@example.com Please include your name and site number in the message area of the transfer to ensure the funds are applied to the correct account.
- Sabbatical (leave of absence) will not be an option being offered in 2021.
- Submit Contracts & Waivers to firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICE / STORE: ENTER ONLY by the front door (lounge), EXIT ONLY by the side door. MAXIMUM OF 5 PEOPLE in the store at one time. SOCIAL DISTANCING of 2 m / 6′ must be observed at all times in the store and on the grounds. We’re happy to see you, but please don’t bring your entire family into the store at this time. Limited supplies & snacks will be stocked in the weeks ahead.
VISITORS AND OVERNIGHTERS: Visitors (any person not listed on your contract) and overnight campers are not permitted entry to the campground at this time.
CHILDREN: Parents are responsible to make their children aware of the closed / off-limit areas, and to maintain social distancing at all times (think of the length of a fishing pole between them and their friends). They cannot go into a friend’s trailer, as social distancing can’t be observed.
COMMON AREAS WILL BE CLOSED: Washrooms, Lodge recreation hall, laundry, playground area, pools, chalet, pavilion, horseshoe pits, bocci ball, shuffleboard, sand volleyball, gaga ball, bounce pad are closed.
FOLLOWING AREAS REMAIN OPEN WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING: Pond (fishing), dog park, golf course, trails, flats. By all means, get outside and walk around the park, explore the trails, get some fresh air and exercise. Stay 2 m apart from others not of your household.
GATHERING SIZE: Provincial regulations allow a maximum of 5 people at a gathering at this time. If not of the same home address, must observe social distancing.
ACTIVITIES: Clearly, any activity that can’t follow the social distancing recommendations or involves people touching the same surfaces or items as someone else will not be happening. We are open to suggestions, if you feel an activity can be done safely within those parameters. At this point, activities are cancelled and amenities are off-limits or closed until further notice.
RESPECT FOR ALL All campers and staff are responsible to respect the dignity and rights of every person at the campground. Shady Pines will not tolerate or condone discrimination, bullying, abuse or harassment and will continue to promote respectful conduct, tolerance, and diversity at all times.
Any camper, regardless of age, who breaches this Code of Conduct will be asked to leave the campground and risk having your Contract/ Licence of Occupation cancelled.
IN REGARDS TO COVID-19
Be aware of the symptoms, follow the guidelines and precautions, wear a mask, maintain social distancing, wash your hands frequently. Be safe and stay healthy.
If you feel unwell, have a fever or COVID 19 symptoms prior to coming to the campground, stay home. If symptoms develop while at the campground, inform the Manager on duty and return home. Get tested and quarantine for 14 days or until the test is confirmed negative. If you have another residence in Ontario, you will not be permitted to self-isolate for 14 days in your trailer on the campground.
If you have tested positive for COVID 19, are a presumptive case, or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive or is a presumptive case, do not enter the campground. Please remain at your residence until you have been cleared by your local health department and/or you have finished your self-isolation of 14 days and symptoms have dissipated. If you are returning from travel from outside the province of Ontario, do not visit the campground for a period of 14 days.
Non-disclosure of any of the above will result in being asked to leave the campground and your License of Occupation will be cancelled.